Now on Wix Site

Hello Readers,

I have moved to Wix site. Click on the link for my latest posts.



Monday, June 05, 2017

#carmenxjapan Day 2: Tokyo Disneyland and Nemuro Hanamaru sushi

OMGGG the moment has finally come, me stepping foot on one of my most dreamed-of places in this whole wide world. Yes call me childish, call me superficial but Disneyland will always be my place to get a dose of happy ever after. 

Shinjuku to Tokyo Disneyland 
Tokyo Disneyland is located at the Maihama Station 舞滨駅, easily accessible via the JR trains but it takes around an hour to reach from Shinjuku. Besides Tokyo Disneyland, the Tokyo Disney Resort includes hotels and also the only-in-Japan Tokyo DisneySea. We had a tough time deciding which themepark to go. Tokyo Disneyland is the classic, with the Cinderella castle, the futuristic Tomorrowland and the cute Toontown. Tokyo Disney Sea, just like its name suggest, sounds like an adventurous voyage and it is known to have more thrilling rides. In short, Mr. Google says Tokyo Disneyland is more suitable for families with kids, while Tokyo DisneySea is for the adventurous teens and young adults. So yea, you guessed it right, I'm a kid :D 


Just in case you didn't notice, my ootd is inspired by Belle muahahahahhaha :P

Five of us kinda agreed that given that both parks are going to be so crowded, might as well choose a place that we could do the thing we love most: Taking Photos :D So we kinda give up on taking rides because every single one of them takes at least an hour to queue. I strongly suspect that everyone in the park has an annual pass, because there's no way you could finish all the rides unless you visit the park several times. FYI, we bought our tickets beforehand via Klook and printed the tickets. Personally I think it's a very convenient method because you would be paying in the price stated in SGD and I've checked that the SGD prices are real time relative to JPY, no mark-ups or whatsoever. So it really does save the effort of converting cash into yen and buying it at the box office. 

Btw we bought our ears beforehand, knowing that the one sold in park will be super expensive. The one on taobao is only S$2 each :D



Adventureland, a tropical forest themed area where you could live the tales of Lilo and Stitch, Junglebook and Tarzan. 


I guess one of the best things about Tokyo Disneyland is the parade. The music, dance and my favorite Disney characters. So much joy to just see them wiggle their heads and waving their hands. 

Doryyyyyy

The Splash Mountain at Critter Country





Westernland that brings you back to America's wild wild west era.



On the way to Tom Sawyer Island



The massive Winnie the Pooh storybook


As much as I love castles, Toontown has to be my favorite part of the park. I remember watching the classic Mickey Mouse cartoons, with Minnie, Donald, Goofy and Pluto. Walking into Toontown, it really felt those cartoons came to life, like I'm one of those cute little citizens, enjoying the fun-size and colorful life. 


everything in Toontown is so adorable, part of me wished I could live there haha. 

had our dinner at Huey, Dewey and Louie's Good Time Cafe

There's Mickey Pizza and Donald's Burger

Donald's Shrimp Burger Set (930yen) with a Donald Duck Paw Burger Bun

I had Pancake Sandwich with Fried Chicken set (990yen)
Even the paper cups and wrappers are so colorful and very very Toontown. 


Continued to explore around Toontown, didn't wanna leave haha. We went to one of the rides called Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin. 







I dont have any photos of the Tomorrowland but we managed to go for the StarJets, which allows you to have a bird's eye view of the entire Disneyland. After that, went to Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters where you attack the villain Zurg and earn points. 

Finally, got to live or at least come close to my princess dream haha. The Fantasyland :) 
Well one of the things that I wanted to do was to ride the carousel, but the ride was closed T T I don't know why and how, but I just couldn't stop admiring the Cinderella castle LOL So sorry for the upcoming spam, I just had to write my own story book. 

Autoplays the Disney Music 










Cinderella's Fairytale Hall

Who could ever thought that this could be

Another spot to observe the castle


My favorite photo of the day but you have no idea how much trouble we went through to get this shot. This square infront of the castle was literally jam-packed with people and it's almost impossible to take photos without someone else photo bombing. 

At dusk, the castle has a different charm






And that, is our simple yet memorable day at Disneyland. 

Nemuro Hanamaru sushi, Tokyo Station
After all the queuing and posing, time to put a fullstop to our fairytale and start our food show! One of the things that we really look forward to is to have Sushi in its homeland. Made our way back to Tokyo Station. Nemuro Hanamaru has been reviewed by many as the affordable and delicious sushi bar in Tokyo. As expected, there was a long line and we waited for almost an hour before being seated. Hungry and exhausted, those sushi was really "comfort food". 

The Tokyo Station. As the main transportation hub, it's super busy, super crowded. Made me realize Singapore's rush hour MRT isn't that bad.  

The sushi bar is located within the Kitte Mall




English menu is available and they listed out their bestsellers as well. 

Even the green tea taste amazing. 

Unlike conveyor belt sushi outlets, all sushi are made upon order. Look at all these man. Whatever I ate in Sushi Express was such a lie, can you see the thickness of the salmon? On the bottom right is blue fin tuna nigiri. I use to think tuna sushi don't have much taste and has a rather hard texture as compared to salmon but this blue fin tuna is soft and fresh with its own unique flavor. 

Really recommend this Hanasaki Crab Miso Soup (345yen)! Unlike the usual salty miso soup, this was well seasoned with the sweet refreshing taste of crab. 


Seared Salmon with Miso (270yen) 
In terms of flavor, this is my favorite. They probably torched the salmon with the miso, so the miso taste like fried bean sauce that we taste a lot in Chinese cuisine. Slightly burnt, slightly salty with the freshness of salmon and crunchy scallions, the textures and layers of flavor are awesome. 

Seared fatty salmon belly (345yen) 
Salmon, fats, seared, melted grease, rice... This is champion in terms of satisfaction. Like how I love pork belly, this is the salmon version. Super fragrant that the aroma fills your nostrils and lingers in my mouth. Mouth watering now as I think of it haha. 


Our results. The total bill was about 8500 yen if I remember correctly. 

Went to the happiest place on earth and had food that is equivalent to happiness and most importantly, doing all these with the people who always make me happy. Next, gonna step back in time and enjoy a quiet yet blissful day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Nuffnang

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails