Now on Wix Site

Hello Readers,

I have moved to Wix site. Click on the link for my latest posts.



Saturday, June 07, 2014

The JB Cafe Hop: Once Upon a Time @ JP Perdana

Our fifth stop and also the final cafe to be reviewed for my JB Cafe hop 
The beautiful, dreamy, and fairy-tale like cafe

Once Upon a Time @ JP Perdana

The name gives you a pretty good clue about the place, it looks like a home that belongs to a story-book character. White walls, a garden filled with flowers, beautiful windows and doors. By the way this is not the only cafe that's situated in a double-storey house, there's The Gardens by JWC on the same street as well. And the unit on the left is undergoing some construction work as well, probably gonna be another cafe. Anyways, I kinda like this homey and garden-style cafe. Great place for gatherings with friends during a weekend afternoon, where you could enjoy good food and also sunshine. 

There are two sections, it was drizzling so we went inside. The outdoor seats looks like a garden tea lounge, with white chairs, glass tables and also giant umbrellas.
There's only a limited number of seats inside, with wooden chairs and tables that matches the window frames. Looks like a comfy home to me.

the little brother studying 



simple menu, made from recycled paper. 


Cafe Latte -- RM8.90
omg the latte art, so many layers. I'm pretty sure the barrista here is a pro.
Taste good, they use beans from MyLiberica if I'm not wrong.  

Esprit Sparkling Juice -- RM9.90
since we're gonna have lunch, so instead of coffee, ordered something refreshing, raspberry sparkling water. I can't remember when was the last time I had this, but I remember I use to save money (yes this drink was a luxury item when I was young) and buy this drink, just to collect the bottle haha... 

Smoked Duck Aglio Olio -- RM17.90
Zack's. The spaghetti was okay, slightly chewy and spicy.

Bacon Aglio Olio -- RM15.90
Bacon is awesome larr!!! Pair it with the slightly spicy pasta, it gives a very strong flavor. 

Bacon and Mushroom Baked Rice -- RM17.90
Smoked Duck Baked Rice -- RM18.90
Both baked rice looked the same so I only took one photo, and in fact, they taste kinda similar when it comes to the rice. Love it anyway, super fragrant and chewy cheese that melts and wraps the rice once it's in your mouth. Delicious. and it's not too heavy as well. 



After the feast, we decided to head outside for a walk, and of course, snap away...
It was a weekday, so there was no people outside, snapped photos as if we own the place haha. But it truly is a great place, to take pretty pictures with your friends.








In terms of price and quality, this place is worth a visit, probably during weekends, just to take a break and enjoy yourself under the sunlight. 

Once Upon a Time Cafe and Boutique
7A Showhouse, Jalan Persiaran Jaya Putra 1
Bandar Jaya Putra
81100 Johor Bahru
Tel: 012-7129120


Extra: My Liberica Coffee REvisit
Cousin brought me to Liberica once again, saying that their coffee is one of the best in JB and deserves a second visit from me. I wasn't exactly a fan after my first visit, in fact i preferred Carffee over them. See previous review. But this time, my cousin proved me wrong!

Latte -- RM9.00

Rose Latte -- RM13.00
Thumbs up for this!!
This is like the only rose latte that taste like rose latte so far
Super strong rose aroma and there's an intense sweetness (not the sugar type), which goes well with the coffee's bitter taste.
And the texture is really smooth, wished I had a second one.  

My Liberica
73,Jalan Molek 3/10,
Taman Molek,
81100 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia

9 comments:

Love Nuffnang

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails